10 (not so) interesting facts about little old me

October 13, 2009

So since we are still in the getting to know you stage I thought I would let you know a few little facts about .....me!

1. I'm scared of the dark!
Yep, unless it is lit up outside like a race track I will not go outside in the dark....ever!
Thanks Dad for hiding out there and jumping out at me during my childhood. It hasn't scarred me at all.

2. I have been engaged for 6 years, planned 2 weddings and I'm still unmarried. Yes, there is a story to go with it which I shall share with you soon.

3. I am the eldest child, with 8 years between my brother and I - he is only 17 and his youth scares me.
Did I think I was 10ft tall and bulletproof at 17?
Wait, don't answer that!
Incidentally, Rusty is also the eldest. Battle of wills anyone?

4. I don't like cake.
I know, it's horrifying. I think it comes from years of eating dry, crumbly cake (sorry mum) but I am trying to re-educate myself. It's a hard job having to pour over my recipes and decide which delectable morsels to bake each week. But someone has to do it I guess... 

5. I haven't eaten take-away in 8 months.
Impressed? It is less a force of will and more a fear of pain. I am waiting to get my gall bladder removed...

6. I got incredibly excited about finding pink sea salt in my local supermarket today. I understand it is pretty much the same as normal sea salt...but it's pink.
This clearly makes it superior!

7. I am absolutely addicted to The Pioneer Woman.
Ree is completely responsible for the dishes still being in the sink today. Try her Tres Leches Cake....Oh  my goodness....insert Homer drool here...

8. When I get really tired I say things backwards, sideways and upside down.
When we first started dating I was trying to explain to Rusty that I liked the movie Tango & Cash. Except it came out as Pango & Tash.....

9. For the first 5 years of my working life I worked in the construction industry spending all day with men. And we think women have temper tantrums....sheesh!

10. I love this blog.
I'm still learning and working out the direction I want to take but apart from my son and Rusty...it makes me happy. Happy is good!
I hope it makes you happy too!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Dee

0 comments: